It is vitally important to ensure that contracts remain compliant with current legislation and regulations. The development of the common law (cases in the courts) can also dramatically and unexpectedly change the meaning and effect of certain contractual terms.
We conduct comprehensive reviews of contractual documentation for businesses in a wide range of sectors and industries. We advise in respect of compliance with current commercial regulations and legislation, including:
- The effect of EU legislation on UK commercial contracts
- The effect of English common law on the interpretation of commercial contracts
- The provision of Services Regulations 2009
- E-commerce regulations which implement the E-commerce directive
- Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 which implement the Consumer Rights
- The Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015