Nicholas Drukker | David Wheeler | Charles Burrell | Charles Goldblatt | Edward Ng-Cordell
+44 (0)20 7353 1770 | T
Nic is a partner of the firm and has over 40 years experience dealing with a wide variety of matters including, principally, commercial and insurance litigation.
Nic’s primary discipline is high value and complex civil litigation and in particular high value insurance claims. He has acted for composite insurers and Lloyds Syndicates in a wide variety of liability claims including:
- Professional negligence claims against solicitors, accountants and surveyors;
- Engineering and manufacturing defect claims against major industrial corporations; and
- Bullion and bank robbery claims.
Nic oversees our Commercial Property, Dispute Resolution and Insurance Practices. He also advises corporate clients on sensitive commercial drafting.
Nic has a close interest in road and rail transport and industrial archaeology. He has developed a strong practice acting for the transport and heritage transport industry, particularly in respect of motor cars, railways and locomotives.He serves on the Board of two corporations which operate in these sectors.
Recent and current cases include
- Acting for several business customers of High Street Banks who have been missold ‘cap and collar’ products.
- Acting for an underwriters’ agent pursuing recovery of funds from insolvency practitioners paid to third parties pursuant to fidelity bonds.
- Acting for a leading clinical scientist in connection with his strategy and licensing of a revolutionary medical innovation.
- Acting for the sub-distributor of one of the world’s largest chemical companies in a dispute with its main UK distributor in respect of an allegation of several breaches of contract including infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Acting for an Anglo German Industrial group on the drafting of a commission manufacturing agreement between a Dutch subsidiary of an US based global corporation and a German member of the Client group specifying English law.
- Acting for the proprietor of several main line locomotives on a wide range of legal issues including corporate structure, employment contracts, grant applications, creation of engineering subsidiaries and preparation of complex agreements for hire of locomotives to railways.
- Acting for a number of owners of classic motor cars in the successful recovery of their vehicles from failed and/or fraudulent restorers.
- Acting for a director of a motor vehicle trader in obtaining injunctive relief restraining former directors and employees of the company setting up a competing business.
- Acting for a Landowner forced into a major boundary dispute by two neighbouring landowners and whose possession claim against them was successful.
- Acting for the purchaser of a former chapel in North Wales including acting on the purchase, advising on the scheme for its renovation and extension, establishing a charitable corporate structure to operate the chapel as a going concern, drafting all necessary employment contracts and compliance policies for the company and creating a fresh charitable Trust for one of the users of the chapel.
- Acting for a Dutch manufacturer of micro-processing equipment on dispute with a Spanish telecommunications company arising from a sale and development agreement.
- Acting for a senior medical professor falsely accused of scientific misconduct and subjected to procedures improperly conducted by his University.
- Acting for the owner of a substantial farm served by the National Coal Board with a Compulsory Rights Order to opencast mine the land for coal and by the Welsh Office with a Compulsory Purchase Order for a part of the land required for a trunk road by pass after the mining was complete.
- Acting for the beneficiary of a Will of a relative under the care of the Office of the Public Guardian in a successful contested Application to the Court of Protection to re-write the Will.
- Acting for the Court-appointed Receiver of a failed restaurant business owned by two litigating partners who had subsequently embroiled him in their dispute.