Nicholas Drukker | David Wheeler | Charles Burrell | Charles Goldblatt | Edward Ng-Cordell
+44 (0)20 7353 1770 | T
Edward is a trainee solicitor. He joined the firm in September 2016 and is due to qualify in September 2018.
Edward joined the firm having completed the Legal Practice Course at City University with Distinction. He read Land Economy at the University of Cambridge with a particular focus on property law, economics and finance.
Edward is training across the firm’s broad general practice and assists with litigation and dispute resolution, commercial contracts, commercial and residential property and private client.
Recent and current experience includes
- Procedural work in the High Court and Court of Appeal, including issuing proceedings and appeals
- Appearing before Registrars and District Judges in the Companies and Bankruptcy Court
- Preparation of clients’ disclosure in complex multi-party litigation
- Preparation of witness statements and exhibits
- Preparation of documents for trial
- Advising on a variety of commercial contracts, including:
- Distribution and franchise agreements
- Company sale and purchase agreements, including analysis of completion accounts
- Commercial mortgage backed securities
- Advising on a variety of commercial property transactions, including:
- Sub-strata development for a cavern development consultancy study
- Insolvency provisions within a sale and purchase agreement of a commercial re-development
- Termination and option provisions within a shopping mall development
- Advising on the fiduciary duties owed by a management company to the owners of a large residential estate
- Private client
- Drafting wills and wills trusts
- Administration of intestate estates
- Contentious probate