Nicholas Drukker | David Wheeler | Charles Burrell | Charles Goldblatt | Edward Ng-Cordell
+44 (0)20 7353 1770 | T
Charles is a solicitor with particular experience in the areas of commercial litigation and dispute resolution, civil fraud and asset recovery, contract law and intellectual property.
He is currently acting for a distributor in two related Commercial Court actions regarding the operation and termination of a distributorship agreement.
He acts for a number of UK and international, individual and corporate clients resolving commercial and contractual disputes. Charlie also has a broad non-contentious practice.
Recent and current cases include
- Acting for an international distributor in two related High Court claims which concern the termination of the agreement and the interpretation of a retention of title clause.
- Advising an international financial services company on a civil fraud and asset recovery matter dealing with jurisdiction, choice of law, enforcement of foreign judgments in England and obtaining judgments in England with a view to international enforcement.
- Defending a supplier against a breach of contract claim, recovering loss of profit in a successful counterclaim and recovery of legal costs on the indemnity basis.
- Assisting with several connected actions on behalf of a number of individuals who had been defrauded in a global “boiler room” scam, identifying fraudulent companies, individuals and assets in multiple jurisdictions and obtaining post judgment worldwide freezing injunctions to recover losses.
- Acting for a UK company in a claim for payment of a debt pursuant to a commission agreement and for restitution of sums paid pursuant to a marketing agreement.
- Acting for trustees of a trust company accused of fraud.
- Acting for a UK company to prevent “passing off” by an international company using the same trading name, negotiating a settlement preventing the international company’s use of our client’s name.
- Acting for a UK company against a major London exhibition centre who had revoked a licence for our client’s event, negotiating a settlement allowing the event to take place.
- Acting for a number of individuals subject to Crossrail Compulsory Purchase Orders leading to recovery of compensation and legal costs for affected property owners.
- Acting for a law firm accused of defamation.
- Acting for a solicitor who had been intervened by the regulator for breach of the accounts rules.